A roux-thickened soup base made with chicken bouillon granules, half-and-half, and white wine serves as the background for shrimp and crab meat in this bisque seasoned with onion and white pepper.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups half-and-half
- ½ pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- ½ pound crabmeat
- ½ cup white wine
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in flour, salt, white pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Mix in bouillon granules, onion, and half of the half-and-half. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; add shrimp and crab meat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and shrimp are cooked through. Stir in remaining half and half and wine. Serve hot.