An easy pound cake from scratch is livened up with the addition of soda pop.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 7 fluid ounces lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and lemon extracts. Beat in the flour alternately with the lemon-lime soda, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cake rack for 30 minutes before removing from the pan.