Chicken breasts are wrapped in bacon and stuffed with a flavorful, cheesy mixture in this easy weeknight dinner recipe that's sure to be a new family favorite.
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise (such as Smart Balance®)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 slices bacon, or more to taste (Optional)
- 8 toothpicks, or as needed
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs, or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix ham, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika together in a large bowl. Place 1/2 cup mixture on each chicken breast. Roll chicken over filling, wrap with 2 slices bacon, and secure with toothpicks.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Roll each chicken breast in bread crumbs to coat. Place chicken in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 30 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).