Spice up your egg breakfast sandwich with some peppers, ham, and sweet peas.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ shallot, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1 slice Virginia ham, chopped (Optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) Libby's® Sweet Peas Vegetable Cup
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mini sub roll
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in non-stick skillet. Add shallot and saute for one minute. Add peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- While peppers are cooking, crack eggs into bowl and whisk with milk. Stir in ham and peas.
- Add last tablespoon of butter to peppers. Pour eggs into skillet with peppers and cook for 10 seconds before stirring.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook eggs over medium heat until done, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and put eggs, peas and pepper mixture onto mini sub roll.