Crunchy and mild savoy cabbage is tossed with a pear, Pecorino Romano cheese, walnuts, and champagne vinegar for a delicate salad.
- ⅓ large savoy cabbage, stem and tough outer leaves removed
- 1 small pear, sliced into bite-sized pieces (with peel)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup raw walnut halves
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ⅛ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- Slice savoy cabbage into bite-sized pieces and put into a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle pear pieces with lemon juice and toss to coat. Add to savoy cabbage. Sprinkle with walnuts and Pecorino Romano cheese. Season with pepper and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and champagne vinegar. Toss salad and serve.