All of your favorite breakfast items star in these savory cupcakes with 3 stacked layers of pancake batter, omelet, and breakfast sausage!
- 11 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups breakfast sausage
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (182 degrees C).
- Beat 1 egg in a bowl using an electric mixer. Add flour, milk, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt. Mix until smooth like pancake batter.
- Whisk the remaining eggs in a separate bowl until fluffy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour about 1/4 inch of pancake batter into each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin. Add 1/4 inch of beaten eggs to each cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven, about 8 minutes. Top cupcakes with sausage and continue baking until set, about 8 minutes more. Let cool, about 5 minutes.