This quick stir-fry beef dish uses frozen mixed vegetables to keep your preparation time minimal.
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- Dissolve beef bouillon cube in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir soy sauce, cornstarch, teriyaki sauce, and sugar into the water. Lay beef strips into the soy sauce mixture; stir to coat beef entirely.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir vegetables in hot oil briefly, about 1 minute. Stir water chestnuts into the vegetable mixture, place a cover over the skillet, and cook at a simmer until the vegetables are hot, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetable mixture with a slotted spoon to a large bowl, reserving juices in the skillet.
- Pour beef with soy sauce marinade into the hot skillet; cook and stir until browned completely, about 5 minutes. Return vegetable mixture to the skillet; bring to a simmer. Cook and stir until completely hot, about 2 minutes.