My husband does not like tomato sauce, so this is a delicious alternative. Spicy sausage gives it a kick!
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ (16 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly brown. Drain, and mix in the spinach and Alfredo sauce. Season with pepper. Continue cooking until spinach and sauce are heated through.
- In a bowl, mix the Cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, layer 1/3 of the sausage mixture, 1/3 of the noodles, and 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover, and bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.