These sausage balls were a hit at our Christmas party this year. I accidentaly used low-fat cheese in the recipe and couldn't tell the difference. No frying necessary, they bake beautifully.
- 2 pounds pork sausage
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk baking mix
- 16 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the sausage, baking mix, cheddar cheese, onion, celery and garlic powder. Mix well and form into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.