Restaurants BEWARE this sauce can top you! Try it with tortellini pasta and shrimp and top with a Caesar salad, if desired.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 7 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon chicken soup base
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ pound cheese tortellini
- 6 fluid ounces heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat and add basil, thyme, oregano, parsley and dried red pepper flakes; stir together.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until onions are transparent; add tomato sauce and bring to a boil, stirring well. Add chicken bouillon and sugar; stir.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the package instructions (fresh tortellini take less time than dried). Drain and set aside.
- Reduce heat, add cream and wine; bring close to a boil, stirring constantly. Add pasta and serve.