A zesty shake of vinegar, cilantro, garlic salt, lemon juice, oil and sugar dances with pasta tossed with onion, bell pepper, olives, tomatoes and green chilies. Let the salad chill for a while to bring out all the festive flavors.
- 2 cups dry rainbow radiatore pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 3 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) (blank)s tomatoes, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- ⅓ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook radiatore pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped onion, bell pepper, olives, tomatoes, and green chilies in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, cilantro, garlic salt, lemon juice, vegetable oil, sugar and chili powder.
- Mix cooked pasta with vegetables. Toss with cilantro dressing and serve.