Cheddar, sour cream and cream cheese melt to a luscious dipping consistency in this spicy, Southwestern-style snack.
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round, crusty Italian bread
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut a circle out of the top of the bread and scoop out the inside. Tear the inside into pieces for dipping.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine salsa, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream. Spoon the mixture into the bread bowl, place the top back on the bread. Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Serve warm with the reserved bread pieces.