Cilantro and lime top salmon fillets in this quick and easy weeknight recipe that also features tomato and jalapeno pepper.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- lime, juiced
- 1 small garlic clove
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds salmon fillets, or more to taste
- 1 large vine tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, and garlic in a blender. Season with salt and black pepper.Blend until creamy smooth.
- Brush a baking pan with remaining oil and place salmon in the pan. Spread cilantro mixture on the salmon; arrange tomato and jalapeno on top. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, until fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.