A sweet glaze of honey, spices, and spiced rum will add a light and savory-sweet flavor to your grilled shrimp. They're done in only a few minutes.
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 20 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 (10 inch) skewers
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix together the honey, lime juice, spiced rum, orange zest, orange juice, ginger, cilantro, salt, black pepper, and cornstarch in a large bowl until the glaze is smooth and the cornstarch is thoroughly blended with the rest of the ingredients. Pour half the glaze into a smaller bowl for basting. Rinse and pat the shrimp dry, and gently stir into the large bowl to thoroughly coat the shrimp with the glaze.
- Remove from the glaze, and discard the used glaze. Thread 5 shrimp onto each skewer, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Grill the shrimp until bright pink and opaque and the glaze has cooked onto the shrimp, about 4 minutes per side. Baste with additional unused glaze before turning the shrimp over.