This easy mix of root vegetables and garlic speckled with fresh rosemary and glazed with balsamic vinegar is a vegetarian side or main dish that doesn't lack flavor.
- 3 medium beets, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium baking potato, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix beets, carrots, sweet potato, baking potato, Yukon potato, garlic, rosemary, oil, and sea salt together in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Roast vegetables in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and stir. Return to the oven and roast until fork-tender, about 30 minutes more, stirring again after 15 minutes.