Ripe Seckel pears are stuffed with almonds, figs, honey, and gingerbread spice and roasted in the oven--serve them with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 12 firm, ripe Seckel pears
- 1 cup whole almonds
- ½ cup dried figs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon gingerbread spice mix
- 4 cups whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Pour wine into a baking dish.
- Core pears carefully using an apple corer.
- Toast almonds in an ungreased pan over medium-low heat until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine almonds, figs, honey, and gingerbread spice in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed. Spoon the stuffing into the pears and place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is browned and the pears are soft but not falling apart, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.