Roasted root vegetables - potatoes, beets, and turnips - are mixed with sauteed kale and garlic to make this hearty, colorful vegan dish.
- cooking spray
- 8 small beets, peeled and chopped
- 3 small white potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 2 turnips, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread beets, white potatoes, turnips, carrots, sweet potato, and red potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil on top. Squeeze lemon juice over vegetables and season with rosemary, thyme, coriander, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until root vegetables are just tender, about 45 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet when root vegetables are nearly done. Cook and stir garlic over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add kale; cook and stir until bright green, about 5 minutes. Season with sea salt and mix into the root vegetables.