This leg of lamb seasoned with dry mustard and roasted with orange juice is a main dish fit for a crowd that's simple yet delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, or as needed
- 1 (3 pound) leg of lamb
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, or more as needed
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup water, or more as needed
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Grease a roasting pan with olive oil.
- Rub seasoned salt over leg of lamb.
- Mix flour and mustard together in a bowl. Rub over leg of lamb. Transfer to the prepared roasting pan.
- Roast leg of lamb in the preheated oven until browned, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Add orange juice, onion, and water to the roasting pan. Continue baking lamb, basting with orange juice and water every 30 minutes, until tender, about 2 1/2 hours.