Typically made with chickpeas, this golden beet hummus gets a creamy texture from white beans and is perfect for a snack board.
- 4 small golden beets, trimmed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can great northern beans, liquid drained and reserved
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Quarter beets and toss in a bowl with olive oil. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until a knife can be easily inserted into a beet, 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the beets in a food processor along with the beans, tahini, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, cumin, turmeric, sea salt, and garlic. Blend until smooth, adding small amounts of reserved bean liquid if the consistency is too thick. Transfer hummus to a serving bowl.