Next time you roast any type of winter squash like butternut, spaghetti, or acorn, save the seeds instead of tossing them, to make a crispy snack or salad topper.
- aluminum foil
- 1 cup butternut squash seeds or other hard squash seeds
- olive oil
- chili powder to taste
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Clean pumpkin seeds so there are no strings or pulp attached to them. Pat dry or let air dry in a strainer.
- Spread seeds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle seeds lightly with olive oil and stir to coat evenly. Sprinkle lightly with chili powder and sea salt.
- Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until just slightly golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.