When it's time to introduce new flavors to your baby, this homemade roast butternut squash baby food is an easy and tasty choice.
- 1 small butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place butternut squash halves in a roasting pan, cut-sides up. Rub the flesh with olive oil, then sprinkle with thyme.
- Roast in the preheated oven until very soft and lightly browned, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Scoop out the squash flesh and mash in a bowl.