Easy-to-make oatmeal refrigerator cookies that are decorated with chocolate sprinkles.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package chocolate sprinkles (jimmies)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the vanilla and oats. Next, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Divide the dough into 3 sections, and shape each section into a log about 8 inches long. Roll each log in the sprinkles to coat, then wrap them in waxed paper and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper. Cut the cookie dough rolls into 1/4 inch slices and place them 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks.