This apple butter recipe uses less sugar than most others and adds some apple cider vinegar.
- 4 pounds apples, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir chopped apples, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until the apples are soft enough to mash easily with a fork, 8 to 10 hours.
- Puree apple mixture with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Cook uncovered until some of the liquid reduces and the color is dark brown, about 1 hour.