A tasty combination of quinoa, avocado, cumin, and lime juice with fresh veggies for a delicious meal!
- ⅓ cup red quinoa
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Spread into a mixing bowl, and refrigerate until cold.
- Once the quinoa has chilled, gently stir in the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Season with lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Divide the spinach leaves onto salad plates, and top with the quinoa salad. Garnish with the avocado slices to serve.