This is a very tasty bar, good with a hot cup of tea.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spoon flour into a measuring cup. Level off. In a bowl combine the flour and powered sugar.
- Cut in butter with a fork and mix well. Press mixture into a 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 17 minutes until lightly brown.
- To make Filling: Spread jam evenly over baked crust . In a small bowl beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Melt white chocolate chips over low heat and add to mixture. Beat until smooth. Drop cream cheese mixture by teaspoons evenly over jam. Spread carefully and refrigerate.
- To make Glaze Topping: Cut chocolate squares into small pieces and melt with shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over white chocolate layer. Cool completely. Cut into bars and store in refrigerator.