Lean grilled beef burgers are served on whole wheat buns with onion slices, lettuce, tomato, and creamy ranch dressing.
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- ¼ cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 4 whole-wheat buns, split and toasted
- Romaine lettuce
- Tomato slices
- ¼ cup reduced-fat creamy ranch dressing
- Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg white and seasoned salt in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Brush onion slices with 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Place patties and onion slices on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill patties, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 7 to 9 minutes), until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160 degrees F, turning occasionally. Grill onions, 11 to 13 minutes or until tender, brushing with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and turning occasionally.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce. Place tomatoes and burgers on lettuce. Spoon dressing over burgers; top with onions. Close sandwiches.