A quick and easy vegetarian pasta dish with yellow squash, zucchini, Pecorino Romano cheese, and lots of parsley that is ready under 30 minutes.
- 2 ⅓ cups yellow squash, cubed
- 2 ⅓ cups zucchini, cubed
- salt to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place a serving platter in the oven to warm.
- Place yellow squash and zucchini in a colander in the sink, season with salt, and allow to drain.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to the warm serving platter.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet and cook yellow squash and zucchini until softened and lightly brown on all sides, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and parsley and season with pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Add to spaghetti on the platter and sprinkle with 1/2 the Pecorino Romano cheese. Serve with remaining Pecorino Romano cheese.