This chicken Cordon Bleu casserole is cooked in the microwave and uses shortcut ingredients like canned chicken and cream of chicken soup to cut down on time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 3 (4.5 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 8 ounces cooked ham, diced
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rapid boil. Add egg noodles and cook at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain.
- Combine drained noodles, chicken, ham, and Swiss cheese in a large mixing bowl; mix until well combined.
- Stir together cream of chicken soup, milk, and sour cream in a separate bowl until smooth. Pour sauce over noodles and mix until sauce is well distributed. Transfer mixture to a large microwave-safe casserole dish.
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high until melted, about 30 to 45 seconds. Add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well blended and crumbly and sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Microwave casserole uncovered for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.