This creamy quiche filled with canned tuna and tomato slices is a quick and easy recipe you can make with little advance planning.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (9 inch) shortcrust pastry crust
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups light cream
- 3 eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie plate with butter.
- Unroll pastry crust and press against the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Pierce all over with a fork. Cover with a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil; fill with ceramic pie weights.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove pie weights.
- Spread mustard over cooled crust. Cover mustard with flaked tuna. Arrange tomato slices over tuna.
- Whisk cream, eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until smooth. Pour evenly over the tomato slices. Sprinkle Gruyere cheese over the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.