Have you ever had pumpkin pie-flavored eggnog? Try making this delicious holiday version of the popular drink for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 12 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon brandy, or as needed (Optional)
- Place egg yolks in a large bowl and beat using an electric blender until pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Add whipping cream and vanilla extract; mix until well combined.
- Combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, white sugar, maple syrup, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until sugars are dissolved, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in milk and mix until well combined.
- Slowly pour pumpkin mixture into the egg mixture and stir together until well combined. Pour eggnog through a wire-mesh strainer into a container and refrigerate overnight. Pour 1 tablespoon brandy into each cup of eggnog.