Tasty! Connor approved!
- 6 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, milk, margarine, onion powder, black pepper, salt, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger in a large skillet over low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the drained pasta, and toss with the Parmesan cheese.