Both the crust and the filling are super in this delicious pie. The crust is a tasty crumble of graham cracker, pecan and ginger. This lovely mixture is pressed into a 9-inch pie tin, and filled with a scrumptious pumpkin pie filling boasting cream cheese, brown sugar, cream, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. The pie is then baked and garnished with whipped cream and pecan halves.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, white sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger. Mix well, then pour in melted butter. Stir until butter is evenly distributed. Press mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- To Make Filling: In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese and brown sugar. Beat until smooth, then add eggs, pumpkin, and cream. Mix well. Stir in cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Chill before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and pecan halves if desired.