These quick and easy pumpkin chaffles provide a sweet treat for breakfast or brunch and are topped with a carb-friendly whipped cream.
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon granulated erythritol sweetener (such as Swerve®)
- ¼ teaspoon maple extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (Optional)
- Preheat a waffle maker according to manual's instructions.
- Whisk pumpkin puree, egg, and maple extract together in a small bowl. Stir in mozzarella cheese, almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter onto the preheated waffle maker, spreading out from the center with a spoon (don't overfill or it will overflow). Close the waffle maker and cook until steaming stops and the chaffle reaches your desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the waffle maker and repeat with remaining batter. Cool for several minutes while you prepare the whipped cream.
- Pour heavy cream into a small bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium, add sweetener and maple extract, and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Place 1 chaffle on a plate, add a dollop of whipped cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon to serve.