Ziti, sauteed beef and onion, Prego® Fresh Mushroom Italian Sauce and cheeses are combined to bake and serve now or to freeze to bake later.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar (4 pounds 3 ounces) Prego® Fresh Mushroom Italian Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package tube-shaped pasta (ziti), cooked and drained
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the beef and onion in an 8-quart saucepot over medium high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the sauce, ziti and 2 cups mozzarella cheese in the saucepot. Spoon the beef mixture into 2 (12 1/2 x 8 1/2 x 2-inch) disposable foil pans. Top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until the beef mixture is hot.