This poured fondant petit four icing with hints of butter and vanilla is easy and perfect for glossy elegant cakes and desserts of any size.
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons clear butter flavoring
- 1 ½ teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon clear imitation vanilla extract
- Prepare a double boiler over medium heat; bring 2 inches of water in the lower pot to a simmer. Sift confectioners' sugar and salt into the top of the boiler. Add corn syrup and 1/2 cup warm water; whisk until well blended. Stir with a spatula until icing is completely smooth and an instant-read thermometer registers no higher than 105 degrees F (40 degrees C), about 5 minutes.
- Stir butter flavoring, almond extract, and vanilla extract into the icing. Keep stirring until icing takes on a glossy sheen and flows easily off of the spatula, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.