A convenient dinner of the popular combination of chicken and mushrooms sauced with a sherried sour cream mixture.
- 6 1/2 breast, bone ins bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, with liquid
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts skin-side up in an 11x17 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl combine soup, mushrooms with liquid, sour cream, and sherry. Mix well and pour mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 1/4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender, and juices run clear.