Cod is pan-fried, covered with a savory potato crust, and baked in the oven. You can use any type of white fish fillet for this recipe.
- 2 (4 ounce) cod fillets
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 potatoes, grated
- 2 shallots, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Season cod with salt on both sides. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook cod until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Combine grated potatoes, shallots, and egg in a bowl. Season with parsley, nutmeg, and salt. Spread potato mixture on top side of each cod fillet and sprinkle with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potato crust is lightly browned and cod flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.