Sliced potatoes are layered with hard-boiled eggs and baked in a rich sour cream sauce.
- 6 medium (2-1/4" to 3" dia, raw)s potatoes
- 8 large eggs eggs
- seasoning salt to taste
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and slice.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and slice.
- In a 9x13 inch casserole dish layer potatoes and eggs, sprinkling each layer of eggs with seasoning salt, ending with potatoes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt margarine with sour cream. Pour over potatoes and sprinkle lightly with seasoning salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.