Go beyond the traditional biscuit and gravy with this sausage Bolognese. It's served over Cheddar biscuits and topped with shaved cheese.
- 8 ounces Farmland® Pork Sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 1 carrot, small dice
- 1 stalk celery, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Cheddar biscuits, baked, sliced in half
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved
- ¼ cup arugula
- In medium saucepan, cook sausage until well browned and crispy.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, tomato puree and milk. Cook until reduced by half.
- Add chicken stock and rosemary. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, plate biscuit halves and top with sausage Bolognese. Garnish with shaved Parmesan and arugula.