Grandmothers always know how to make the most comforting foods, like this super-easy pork chop bake with rice and creamy sauce. The meat bakes low and slow for tenderness.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eaches pork chops
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork chops on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Place the chops into a 9x13-inch baking dish. In a large saucepan, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup,and milk until smooth. Stir in the rice, and add the butter; bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, and stir until the butter has melted. Pour the rice mixture over the chops; cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 2 hours.