Pork tenderloin is paired with carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms for this easy casserole dish. A perfect mid-week dinner for the whole family.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 4 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ pound mushrooms, sliced
- ½ pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork until browned on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Combine Gruyere cheese, cream, eggs, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a bowl and stir together.
- Slice pork and layer pork, potatoes, mushrooms, and carrots into a casserole dish. Pour egg-cheese mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and lightly browned on top, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.