Chicken and rice in a sour cream sauce speckled with poppy seeds and seasoned with dill. Turkey may be substituted for the chicken.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 cups cooked, cubed chicken meat
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups crushed buttery round crackers
- Combine water and rice in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the soup, sour cream, poppy seeds, and dill. Stir in the chicken and cooked rice. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.