A refreshing, light frozen citrus sorbet. Easy to make and fat free.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to a simmer over medium high heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a food processor, puree pineapple with its juice until smooth. Transfer to a metal bowl, and stir in syrup, lemon juice, orange juice, and orange zest. Freeze until slightly firm, but not frozen.
- Process mixture again in the food processor or beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.