This delicious nut bread is sweet with the honeyed citrus flavor of golden pineapple.
- 2 large eggs eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Beat eggs slightly. Add butter and sugar. Beat smooth. Stir in pineapple and vanilla.
- In separate bowl put flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and walnuts. Stir well and pour into pineapple mixture. Stir to moisten. Pour into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 1 hour. Test with toothpick. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool and wrap.