A staple in the Middle East, pickled turnips - dyed pink with beets - are the perfect addition to many dishes or wonderful on their own.
- 2 turnips, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 small beet, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Divide turnips, beet, and garlic between two 16-ounce Mason jars.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over turnips, leaving 1/2 inch of space on top. Seal jars and refrigerate for 1 week.