Persimmon cheesecake is an elegant dessert that layers blueberries and a filling of persimmon, ricotta, and honey over a sweet pastry dough.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 ripe persimmons, pureed, divided
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 5 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine flour, confectioners' sugar, butter, and egg yolk together in a bowl. Mix until dough is well combined.
- Place dough onto a round piece of parchment paper. Roll dough out onto your work surface, rotating the parchment clockwise after each roll, until dough is about 1/10-inch thick. Slide dough and parchment paper into a tart pan and align the edges.
- Bake on the lowest rack in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Keep oven on.
- Whisk 2 pureed persimmons together with ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, and honey in a bowl. Spread mixture over the baked dough, leaving 1/4- to 1/2-inch space on the edges.
- Place dough back in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the cheesecake comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and let cool in the pan until firm, at least 15 minutes.
- Spread the remaining persimmon puree over the cake. Sprinkle blueberries on top.