Marshmallow popcorn balls receive a festive twist thanks to crushed candy canes and peppermint extract stirred into the mix. Give them as treats during the holiday season!
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package large marshmallows
- 12 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pop popcorn in an air popper according to manufacturer's directions; transfer to a bowl and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a work surface and spray with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir constantly until mixture is smooth; remove from heat. Quickly stir candy canes and peppermint extract into butter mixture until well blended. Pour mixture over popcorn and mix until evenly coated. Allow popcorn mixture to cool.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray and form popcorn mixture into balls; arrange on the prepared aluminum foil. Wrap each ball with plastic wrap when completely cooled.