These tender pecan shortbread cookies make an easy, just-sweet-enough dessert to gift or serve at holiday parties.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cream butter, oil, white sugar, and confectioners' sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir gradually into the butter mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely on wire racks, 20 to 30 minutes.