This tasty pear pie is a change of pace from other fruit pies with the filling made of sour cream and pear slices that are topped with a layer of streusel.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 3 cups sliced Bartlett pears
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Arrange pear slices in the pie crust. Stir sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, egg, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl; pour over pears.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour, butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl until topping resembles coarse crumbs.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Sprinkle topping onto pie and continue baking until topping is golden brown, about 10 more minutes.