Cake mix forms the base for these decadent brownies with a layer of condensed milk, peanut butter cups, and chocolate chips in the middle.
- cooking spray
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed peanut butter cups (such as Reese's®)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Stir cake mix, butter, and egg together in a large bowl. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the greased baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Mix condensed milk, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter cups together thoroughly in a bowl. Spread over the baked cake layer.
- Pinch off small pieces of the remaining cake dough and scatter evenly over the condensed milk layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are set and top is dry, about 25 minutes.